Easy Ways to Clean & Disinfect Your Bedroom
If you live in Dubai, you will spend more time indoors than usual to escape the sweltering heat. Hence, it is ideal to always keep your home clean especially your bedroom since it is where you spend one third of your day.
However, even regular cleaning cannot eradicate bacteria, molds, viruses and other allergens Dubai bedrooms harbor. No wonder there’s a rise in allergies Dubai residents suffer. Thus, disinfection of your room along with the usual tidying up is best. You can disinfect your bedroom easily on your own. Here’s how:
1. Wash the bed sheets, blankets, curtains and pillowcases in hot water. Let dry under the sun.
2. Vacuum the pillows and mattress. Spray or steam with a disinfectant till damp then dry under direct sunlight.
3. Wipe frequently used or touched items with disinfectant like telephone, door knobs, furniture handles, light switch, railings, and keyboards.
4. Spray the air with an air purifier. You can use tea tree oil, a potent anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. A mix of two table teaspoons of tea tree oil with two glasses of water gives you an instants natural air-freshener.
5. Vacuum and spray with disinfectant floor mats, floor, and carpets. Turn on the air –conditioner or fan or open windows to hasten the drying process. If your carpet is odorous, sprinkle baking soda or grated potato on it then vacuum.
Ideally, you should disinfect a room weekly especially if someone sick stayed in it. For more thorough disinfection, you may also avail professional services for room disinfection Dubai companies offer at least once a month.
BACK TO TOP